OK, in vague calendar order:
October: (yes yes, I know I've only got one day, but these lists are supposed to be challenging, right?!)
- Finish Brit Bee blocks for Laura
- Stitch a tree block for Johanna in Bee Europa
- Make a bag for carrying work folders for friend Nikki's birthday, to her specifications - grey denim, a chosen fishy print and teal (if you know Nikki, you'll know the teal is not optional!)
- Mark II of the hungry caterpillar draft excluder. You can read about the original here which looked like this...so anything will be an improvement :)
- Sort out business cards
- Sorting out a teensy bit of childcare for November (see below for the reason why!)
Make enough stock for half a craft fair stall (19th November) and extras for a friend's Christmas fair stall the weekend before. So I'm thinking I'll aim for the following volumes...it'll be interesting to see how close I get to these!
- 10 cushions
- 5 zippy make-up bags
- 3 Door stops
- 5 bags of varying difficulty!
- 10 fabric covered handbag mirrors
- 20 fabric covered badges
- 10-20 Christmas decorations
PLUS finish my chosen cushion and little extra for my partner in the Brit Quilt Pillow fight! Don't worry partner, if you're reading, this one will get prioritised above the list above!
- Finishing the stacked coins quilt, which was the first quilt I ever started.
- Stock for the shops if needed (cushions, doorstops, draught excluders)
- Chrimble presents (I'm not listing these here, for fear of being found out!)
- Adding to my solids stash (hopefully with the proceeds of that craft fair)
New year: (it all gets a bit vague from here on!)
- Find someone to teach me how to screenprint my own designs onto fabric
- Stipple something (for non-quilty followers, in case you are worried about my intentions, this means to quilt something in a random pattern!)
- Make a quilt for me inspired by this one
- Possibly approach another shop
- Finish the quilt for Felix, made from the Bee Europa flower blocks
- Decide on what I'm going to ask for in my month of Brit Bee (how exciting!)
Phew! Eeeek, writing it down was supposed to help, but now I'm panicking...OK...breathe...
Here's a few cheeky things to cross off the list:
Nikki's birthday was yesterday, and she liked her bag!
Here is Mark II of The Hungry Caterpillar. He's about half the size girth-wise (that really does sound sleazy)and not quite so ridiculous looking! If you want him you can find him in "Made in Hastings" unless he's wiggled off the shelf already :)
Sorry about the comedy staging of this photo, taken at the crazy golf with my phone, having forgotten to get a picture before leaving home!
I will report back on the Bee blocks and the child minding situation in a day or two.