1) A bag by me!
Having been inspired by the talented Judith from Rags to Bags and The Bag Making Bible, I've decided to have a crack at designing my own bag. Here is progress so far on what is turning into a rather large satchel/tote/baby bag. Hopefully you can see what I'm trying to do here...
I was going to do a single wide messenger bag strap from end to end, but now I've pleated those ends, I don't know how to attach it. I might have to go with two looped straps, one on either side, but then it's not really a messenger or a baby bag...and I know from experience that one strap to loop over the buggy handles is the way to go with baby bags! So any advice would be much appreciated! Should I go with the double handle (like a shopper) or do you know any way of neatly attaching a single handle to those ends without losing the pleats...? At the moment, I'm sticking my head in the sand and making the lining!
2) A scrappy sorry
Ok, here's the tale. My lovely Mum picked me up some fabric in a charity shop recently. Here it is, she paid all of a pound for it.
This Jones family are known for speaking their minds, so I'm afraid to say I was a little sniffy about it. "Oh, thanks." "Erm....Not sure I'll use it, not my sort of thing" "It's a bit twee" "Was it curtains?" etc etc.
With hindsight, that was a bit mean. Mum had found me some fabric that she thought I might be able to fussy cut little bits out of, especially the little birds in the borders. which is a good idea.
So today I'm trying to prove myself wrong and apologise to Mum in one go. I'm making her a mat for the centre of her kitchen table.
3) Sliced Coins quilt and Bee Europa flower quilt - on hold.
Not started yet (in no particular order, this list is worrying!)
- Present for Izzy - 1st birthday party this weekend!
- Skirt for Olive
- Dining room chair cushions for my brother
- Bag for Nikki, using grey denim and a fab fish print that she's chosen
- Trousers for Matthew, next size up
- A whole heap of stock for a craft fair in November
- Plus top-ups for the shops and Claire's Christmas market
- Laura's Star Bee Blocks for September (Brit Bee)
- Johanna's tree block for September (Bee Europa)
- Bench cushion for Sian
- Cushions for Holly
- More makes for Felix, she's my best advertisement!
I'm linking up with Lee, visit her linky party for more huge lists and lots of inspiring projects.