This is evidenced by the following facts:
- I'm on my third 500m of white thread this week
- I haven't written a blog post for over a week
- There is a serious washing backlog
- My blog reader stands at 786 unread items (I'm so sorry everyone, I will try and catch up!)
- I've broken two needles
- I've done another two craft fairs and updated stock in both shops
- I've learnt some new skills including piping, and inserting zips into cushions
- Felix has spent time with her Dad, Granny and Grandad, and Nana and Gramps and our childminder (I know you've had fun little lady, but sorry to pass you around :( )
- My Mum arrived on Saturday and ordered 5 items for Christmas presents, some of which are to be taken with her when she leaves today (I'm not moaning at this, since she is a big fan of my work, she pays well, AND she and Dad are brilliant with Felix!)
I broke a bobbin! This has never happened to me before and was a bit of a shock when I was hit by a flying piece of plastic and then thread cascaded all over the place...no harm done, except that I'm down to three bobbins, which is just not enough! (Christmas present hint, Mum!)
So sorry I've been AWOL and not reading everyone's blogs, I will remedy that this week...but in the meantime, here's some pictures of some of the latest makes:
Cushions made from single fabrics (trying a different tactic at the craft fairs), but snazzed up with piping and a covered zip on the back
Bucket bag with leather straps:
and finally, a little travel tissue holder for Mum's friend (and fabric benefactor) Mavis!
Whilst the craft fairs have been fun, I am looking forward to a little respite and some "me" sewing in the new year!