Wednesday 27 July 2011

Chicken dinner winner!

The title of this blog post has sod all to do with chicken dinners, however, this week I do feel like a winner!It's Wednesday, and there's progress to share, thanks to:
  • Felix going through a phase of decent length morning nap-times
  • Lovely parents-in-law taking Felix for a very long walk this afternoon
  • James being very tolerant of me spending more evening time with my machine than with him...
and if that wasn't enough, look what he bought home with him last night...

Thanks James, my scissors are gorgeous, you're the best :)

So, onto progress, first up, I finished a ticker tape cushion for the shop



And I got cracking with Mark III of the rainbow quilt.  I managed to design and cut this on one evening, piece it during nap time the next day, and make the back, quilt it and bind it the next evening!


It's roughly 40" x 28", the back is linen, with a cotton rainbow stripe, and I machine bound it (for reasons of speed and durability!)

I think I prefer Mark II but was still pleased with this one, and it came together quickly which counts for something when it's going (hopefully) to be sold!
I also managed to make a gift for a cool little chap, Noah, who's first birthday party it was at the weekend..


Things on the go - still working on the diamond cushion, thanks for all your suggestions re sashing, I've opted for pale green and a rectangular cushion. Here's how it's looking...


So all in all a good week on the sewing front....AND....I won a giveaway at the weekend!!!!  Double chicken dinner winner! yeay!  A proper bloggy thank you will happen when the goodies arrive in the post..

As usual, I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced and I'm off to catch up with some blog reading because for once I've managed to get this post done at a reasonable hour  :)

x

16 comments:

  1. That rainbow quilt is really pretty, and I can't believe you got it done so FAST! Nice job! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you did that so quickly! it looks absolutely fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that rainbow quilt! Goodies should be with you any day now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been busy! I can't believe you put that quilt together so quickly! I love your cushion and the t-shirt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your rainbow quilt, its gorgeous. And your pillow is going to be fab :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Wow Wow!!! Links scissors, lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the rainbow quilt and the pillow! Amazed that you can sew at all with a little one! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I really really like the way you placed thosed rainbow blocks! How lovely!!
    ~Monika in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  9. That rainbow quilt is gorgeous! It all goes together so well! And I really love the pillow - bravo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Not only are you producing things at the speed of sound, but you are producing truly beautiful things. Bet that cushion sells quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness you are sewing like mad! Your rainbow quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab cushions & quilt! My what a sleeping baby can bring! I'm sure they'll be snapped up in an instant! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That rainbow quilt is stunning! Isn't it lovely when you get a good long naptime in the mornings, makes so much difference...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, thats an incredible lot of work! Love all of it! Cool pirate monkey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cushion is gorgeous and the rainbow quilt is such a stunner. It's amazing how fast you got it done!
    Newest follower from www.dreampatch.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the rainbow quilt...actually I like all of the things you show. You have a shop...brick and mortar store, or online?

    ReplyDelete