Wednesday 19 January 2011

Shamed into action!

I've been following a few sewing blogs and recently a number of sewing goddesses have been revamping their sewing spaces. Tilly and the buttons, Handmade Jane and Hayley goes handmade have all shown their lovely, organised spaces and really put me to shame!  I'm lucky enough to have a devoted sewing room in the basement (one of the benefits of living in Hastings is that the property is cheapish!) however, I've let it get so messy that I've moved my machine to the kitchen and my stash is also gradually migrating up the stairs! See below for evidence! (the kettle belongs to our builder who has taken to using the room as his tea room!)

To be fair one reason for doing this was so that I could still sew whilst hanging out with James in the evenings, but the kitchen table take-over is not ideal! Having being shamed by all the lovely spaces, I resolve to get organised in the basement, give me one month and I shall report back!

The gorgeous Felix has been poorly, her first real cold I think :( so I have been a bit slow in production this week.  My latest project is a table runner for a small cottage.  The brief is modern, blues, lime greens and grey, and it needs to be about 1.2m long.  So far I have a front (see below) which uses that lovely IKEA fabric from Nikki I mentioned in an earlier post as well as some Amy Butler and some Moda plus various other fabrics from the stash.

I have also completed a reverse in plain colour blocks with the odd piece of patterned fabric which all needs to come together with appropriate binding.  Still haven't decided whether to quilt it or not...will come back to you with the finished product shortly (I hope!)

x

2 comments:

  1. We think the patchwork is amazing! Love Jane's cushions, they'll look fab in her new room.
    love Sarah and Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, hello Sarah and Alice - thanks for reading and commenting! xx

    ReplyDelete