Tuesday 25 January 2011

Ten minute crafting idea

Have just spent all evening doing my tax return, which has annoyingly stolen my precious sewing time, so I needed a quick fix!.  This project is inspired by something I saw at IKEA, takes no time at all and still looks great, I think.   Basically, you need a photo frame (one of those with multiple slots for pictures works best) and a few fabrics from the stash.   My example below is a photo clock, but I think ordinary frames would work just as well. 

Anyway, all you do is replace the photos with squares of fabric, and - hey presto! - wall art!



I've got a huge frame with lots of larger picture slots to do next, but I'm thinking I might have to stiffen the fabric first so it doesn't wrinkle up...will keep you updated

But now I'm going to go to bed and hopefully NOT dream about tax codes
x

PS thank you to all my lovely friends and family for the birthday wishes and gifts etc  I am truly spoilt!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there thanks for swinging by my blog I see you are not that far from me and a little girl too...snap!! :)

    ReplyDelete