Anyway, that aside, there have been a couple of finishes this week... here goes with Work in progress (linking up with Freshly Pieced!)
- Bee Europa March block - a purple strip for Muriel
- A mug rug for Mothers Day - in my rush to post this in time for Sunday, I forgot to take a picture - darn!
Work in progress:
- Sliced coins quilt - still on hold but the metro circles in fuschia for the backing arrived yesterday - hoorah!
- Supernova quiltalong at Freshly Pieced - am SO enjoying this quiltalong. Was hoping to show you three colours completed, but lurgy has meant I haven't got round to sewing them together! You can see the red block here, and orange and yellow progress below.
New projects taken on this week:
- Bee Europa April block - Miriam would like us to make a block based on this piece of artwork! (Anyone got any tips for piecing curves?!)
- "Dressing a girl around the world" - this is an initiative which believes that all little girls should own at least one dress, a encourages sewers to make simple pillowcase dresses that will be distributed to poverty stricken areas. I found this via Louise at Sew Scrumptious and was touched by the idea and opportunity for me to help...so I've committed to make a dress by June. (see below for two dresses being modelled beautifully by girls in Haiti)
If that weren't enough, also on the list is:
- A trial baby quilt for Made in Hastings
- A set of cushions for my brother's dining room chairs
- A bench cushion for my friend Sian's new house