I almost didn't do this post because, well, it's just too shameful. In the end I agreed with myself that I'd take one (and only one) iPhone picture of my craft chaos, and hope that you wouldn't be able to see the full horror...
This is our bedroom which has a beautiful fireplace and a nice wood floor, oh, but you won't be able to see that because half the room is covered in fabric! Every day, James quietly steps over fabric to reach the wardrobe....it's not good.
To be fair, it's not ALL my fault. My dedicated craft room is in the basement below the path to the house. It has a leaky roof and bad damp, and, despite doing some work on it, it's just not suitable for fabric at the moment. I decided this shortly after I found a batch of mouldy fabric in the cupboard, luckily not my favourite fabrics, but still somewhat distressing!
Anyway, we've decided that I can use another basement room for my crafts - this one is part of the main structure so is at much less risk of damp but is currently full of all the tat that happens when you move two houses into one.
So yesterday, I made a little progress. Gone is Mount Fabric in the bedroom, hello to a tiny area of order in the basement - I filled up this storage unit...one of the drawers is dedicated to scraps - it's brilliant!
Oh, and if you came here for patchwork, two more creations dropped off at the shop.
I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into something different, which is good because Sarah - Brit Bee queen for August, your blocks are in my head and soon to be transferred to fabric - I haven't forgotten!